Where were you when the mountain blew...Mt.St. Helens???

On my XS850 somewhere in Canada north of Lake Michigan. My wife and good friends traveling with me. Bad day for the Northwest, but still a good day for me.

Riding my brand new Honda 1980’ 750K day after my birthday on the California coast. Opening up that dual overhead cam and spitin bugs out from ear to ear grins. My first big bike, and the news of the mountain ended the planned trip north for the summer.

I was working at Roth's IGA in West Salem, Oregon as a box boy. We were some sweeping fools trying to keep the ash from blowing in from the parking lot. Later in life I was stationed in the 641stm MI BN(AE) OV1 Mohawk Aerial Intelligence Unit. They had the privilege of be the first aircraft to photo the eruption.

It was Sunday Mt St Helens blown up. I was 21yo. I was visited my sister at little town Apple Valley south of Minneapolis while I was on second years in Willmar Vo-Tech School. l remembered on my way back to Willmar I drove a 69 Mach1 Mustang around evening time, About haft way I stopped cleaning my windshield off at the gas station also bought myself a gallon of windshield washer. It was light dusty days even in MN it's came all the ways from Mt St Helen.

Happy birthday one day late....ya old coot!! T
Riding my brand new Honda 1980’ 750K day after my birthday on the California coast. Opening up that dual overhead cam and spitin bugs out from ear to ear grins. My first big bike, and the news of the mountain ended the planned trip north for the summer.

Happy Birthday. :birthday:

Those were c
I was riding (mostly fixing) my Hodaka Wombat back then.
Those was cool bike. My brother used to owned one of this back at the homeland (Laos). I think its was 1968 or 69 he bought it from a none-uniform American soldier he was working at AirAmerica. I used took it out for a ride while my brother was away for school to neighbor's country (BKK. Thailand) earlier 70's I was 11-12yo than. Fun ride..! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom