Where did you ride today?

Rode out Hwy 60 to Globe again. It's a nice road, although beginning to fill up with the Snowbirds. Has a tunnel on the way and I'm a sucker for tunnels.
Sorry, no pics. I'm simply prehistoric when it comes to tech.

Matched this ride on Saturday, excellent afternoon/evening weather.

I went to prison tonight. With Daylight Savings Time over, sunset is now about 4:40 PM.

On the way over, I was thinking this is like being on a dance floor. Driving a car, is like pushing a broom on that dance floor. But on my bike...it is like dancing with a partner who is a hundred times better than I am, and no matter how klutzy I am, I seem really good with the way my partner makes up for my faults.

Chris

I have a very sad addendum to report from my wonderful day-trip (see Post #21 above).

On Saturday evening (Nov. 3-2018), I got a PM from Robin's son who had used his Dad's XS650.com Forum account to inform me that Robin had died very suddenly that afternoon of a heart attack at home. He and I had been chatting just a few minutes before about going out for a spin on Sunday to get some bike photos in the fall colours.

Everyone on the XS650 Forum is quite stricken with this very sad news of the death of a kind, positive, helpful and very popular member. Fittingly, the Forum produces a calendar of member's bikes each year and this year, Robin's beautiful 1977 XS650D (reputedly the cleanest bike on the forum) received the highest number of votes.

I guess there are a couple of lessons in all of that:
  • be as nice as you can - to everyone, always;
  • live your life now - not later.
Cheers,

Pete

I have a very sad addendum to report from my wonderful day-trip (see Post #21 above).

On Saturday evening (Nov. 3-2018), I got a PM from Robin's son who had used his Dad's XS650.com Forum account to inform me that Robin had died very suddenly that afternoon of a heart attack at home. He and I had been chatting just a few minutes before about going out for a spin on Sunday to get some bike photos in the fall colours.

Everyone on the XS650 Forum is quite stricken with this very sad news of the death of a kind, positive, helpful and very popular member. Fittingly, the Forum produces a calendar of member's bikes each year and this year, Robin's beautiful 1977 XS650D (reputedly the cleanest bike on the forum) received the highest number of votes.

I guess there are a couple of lessons in all of that:
  • be as nice as you can - to everyone, always;
  • live your life now - not later.
Cheers,

Pete
Very sad... but sounds like someone that got as much out of life as he could, which we should all strive for.

Cheers,

Pete

Really sorry to hear that. Prayers of comfort for his family and all friends!

Sorry to hear of a fellow ST owner passing. Glad to hear that we have a lot of caring ST owners out there! God Bless...ride safely.

Alan

The other day I woke up early and took a ride to the East on Tehri Road to capture the sunrise over the mountains. On the way back home I was rewarded with some fantastic views of the snow covered Himalayas! My friend has gone back to the US for a visit and left me his Bajaj V15 (150cc) to use. Two wheels are two wheels and always fun!

Attachments

• IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2020.JPG
    IMG_2020.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2069.JPG
    IMG_2069.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 25
The other day I woke up early and took a ride to the East on Tehri Road to capture the sunrise over the mountains. On the way back home I was rewarded with some fantastic views of the snow covered Himalayas! My friend has gone back to the US for a visit and left me his Bajaj V15 (150cc) to use. Two wheels are two wheels and always fun!

Yes Fali that is a great view of the mountains!

STryke took me thru Hard Labor Creek State Park to Athens, GA (GO DAWGS!). Had an excellent burger at a locally owned restaurant withe my older brother. Temp in the mid 70s. Almost made it home before the bottom fell out. The last 4 miles was in pouring rain. Oh well, had to christen it eventually . Clocked a flawless 150+ miles.
CCEE1B47-3E30-4B56-9DE0-94D7B2416DA1.jpeg

Last edited:
Took a short ride to register my new trailer for the motorcycle. Gorgeous sunny November morning, 40 degrees, not another vehicle for miles. After paying big brother way too much money for a thin sheet of aluminum with numbers on it, I rode to our favorite breakfast place and put down enough calories to carry me all day.....
And I forgot my camera........:(. But I do have a shot of the new trailer.....
IMG_20181103_101909.jpg

I agree.
I think it more informative to find out where one rides to and what they saw and how the ST performed rather than postings about 'how I longingly looked at my ST today but the weather was too'..., etc.
What do others think?
Lol......I have posted at least one of those[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ha! I used to live in Chicago and I feel your pain. :wind1:
Hope your winter is short and spring comes soon for you.
Me too....we do usually have several freak days of 70 or 80 degree weather in January and February....here are pictures from February 2 years ago......in the 70s when I was riding but was in the low 20s during the night before...I only saw one other car while riding on this road that day. It was pretty awesome!
3d2b1cd2d11f7495ce9a8364f933d8c5.jpg
9dcf7d3bab1e3c7e586f581c6b920eb4.jpg
1a0047192608a65351fad35d8d5e547b.jpg
c6db95ef682c3dac7ddb3ce9117ebc8e.jpg
5a792be1bfa19706680dd74bc98ea3e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom