What did you do on your Kawasaki today?

Well, It was not my Versys 1VK, but my Son-In-law's bike. Which I maintain for him. (He is a bit moyorcycle mechanically challenged) A 2015 V1K with 8434 miles on it. SIL has only put 2400 miles on it in over 5 years. Been after him for months to get it over to the house so I can change the oil and check it over. He also does not ride it a lot. In the last 15 months it has only had 150 miles out on it. I told him to sell it but he does not want to. If I did not already have my 2019 V1K I would make him an offer to buy it . So yesterday he finally brought it over and it is on the rack getting an oil change today.

Here it is next to my 2019 Versys
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

Good picture for comparing the difference in the faring's of Gen II and Gen III V1Ks
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle

Frontal view of the two bikes.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Getting ready to go to work.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle

Visited Turkey, TX for lunch and a ride around Caprocks Canyon State Park. Turkey is known as the home of Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys (and not much else.....).DSCN0874-1.jpg

I ordered it today. Looks like I will be back on two wheels in a couple of weeks :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Mike

Close. A Versys 650 LT. Really wanted an RS or RT but can't justify the expense not really knowing how all of this is going to work now that Karen can travel. Figured it best to ease back into riding and not spend a lot. Found a new 2023 in a warehouse somewhere and it's supposed to be shipped sometime.......vague, I know. I will be ready when it gets here. It's been a long four years since I've owned a bike.
Mike

Close. A Versys 650 LT. Really wanted an RS or RT but can't justify the expense not really knowing how all of this is going to work now that Karen can travel. Figured it best to ease back into riding and not spend a lot. Found a new 2023 in a warehouse somewhere and it's supposed to be shipped sometime.......vague, I know. I will be ready when it gets here. It's been a long four years since I've owned a bike.
Mike
You're getting a great bike. Have fun!

Mike
Great bike!

Sate Route 148 that goes through Cedar Breaks NM in SW Utah opened up on Tuesday. It gets closed in the winter and is a snowmobile trail through the park. I always go up when it opens up to see how much snow is left from the winter. So, the KLR needed a good run. It was a good 90 mile ride.

This drift is on the edge of the canyon. The wind blows the snow up the canyon and then dumps it. The drift is about 25 feet tall. I was riding my snowmobile over the part of it that is on the edge of the road over the winter. It was completely across the road over the winter.

20240515_151701.jpg

The new visitor center that will open this summer.

20240515_151349.jpg

Path to an overlook

20240515_152154.jpg

And the view from the overlook.

20240515_152240.jpg

Back
Top Bottom