Article [13] ST1300 - LED Engine Lighting

DakotaJoe

You can call me Scott
Bike
Honda ST1300
I love to make my bike noticable. The more people see me, the less they hit me...I hope. Check with local and state laws regarding the ability to light your bike with different colors. I was happy to find out that this mod was not going to get me arrested.

I want my bike to stand out so I wanted the engine to have a blue hue. I purchased some Blue Engine light LED flexible strips from Walley World.

With the side plastics off, I cleaned the inside with alcohol and pulled the self adhesive strip off the LED light strip and attached them to the inside just under the large opening. (See pictures)

I glued the wires against the sides with high-temp glue from the glue gun and put a standard two wire connector on the end of the wire with just enough play to attach and detach the Tupperware .

I wired the power to the Quartet wire harness switched power plug.

Just the right amount of color.

Of course during the day you can hardly see the light but at night it looks like this bike just came down from space.

Check out my albums for this and other mods that I have done on my bike.

Attachments

• Engine Lights 6.JPG
    Engine Lights 6.JPG
    343.3 KB · Views: 413
  • Engine Lights 3.JPG
    Engine Lights 3.JPG
    418.1 KB · Views: 300
  • Engine Lights 5.JPG
    Engine Lights 5.JPG
    376 KB · Views: 387
  • Engine Lights 1.jpg
    Engine Lights 1.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 268
  • Engine Lights 7.jpg
    Engine Lights 7.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 755
  • Engine Lights 2.jpg
    Engine Lights 2.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 251
  • Engine Lights 4.jpg
    Engine Lights 4.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 510
  • Engine lights 8.jpg
    Engine lights 8.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 763
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: LED engine lighting

Nice job. I use mine in poor visibiliy, rain - night etc. Some say its looks like a Christmas tree. OK by me as long as I'm seen in those conditions. Hopefully, so they can avoid me and not to improve their aim.

BLUE lights get you noticed by LEO... DAMHIK! I like it though... Looks good on my '04 :D
:cool:

Thanks! That means a lot.
Dude, you should be working for Honda. I really like your mods. I already did the turn signal LEDs prior to reading your posts, but someone else had something similar so I followed his mod and it looks great.

Some folks do homemade farkles to their bikes that look absolutely horrible. Yours, my friend, look like they were designed in the factory.

Kudo's.

Not to jump in your thread but since you were the inspiration there is no sense is starting my own thread.

Attachments

• DSC00038.JPG
    DSC00038.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 393
  • DSC00041.JPG
    DSC00041.JPG
    154.2 KB · Views: 388
Blue LEDs suit your white fairing color scheme very well. I did the same to my ST 1100 using white LEDs from Auto Zone. The LEDs light not only the engine silver valve covers, but put a white halo on the road surface surrounding my motorcycle.

Back
Top Bottom