ST Available Tires

Re: ST Available Tires - 180 or 190 Rear Tire?

Has anyone tried a 180 on the rear? Seems to me the 170 is undersized for this bike's weight / power combination. And it looks like a 180 would fit.

Thoughts? Experience with 180 or 190 rears?

Thanks, Ernie

I am interested too. I think about 180/60 R17, that less rpm = better mileage.

Hi Mellow:

When your time permits, please add the Michelin PR4 and PR4 GT to the list of tires suitable for the ST 1300. Although Michelin states that both tires (the 'standard' PR4 and the PR4 'Grand Touring') will fit the bike, the GT is specifically designed for heavier bikes such as the ST 1300. I have a pair of PR4 GTs on my ST 1300 and so far, I am very pleased with the tread wear and handling.

Michael

Hi Mr Mellow, I've read that the Pirelli Angel GT's are suitable for the 1300 pan. I've had a couple of sets of these on my Blackbird, & love the longevity, feel & feedback I get. Riding solo or two up fully laden. Pressures about the same :- about 42 psi.
Regards, Sircular.

Last edited:
Hey Mellow I notice the tire list is missing Bridgestone Battlax t30 which has the proper sizes for ST1100 ABSII 1996 and on.

Anyone ever put car tyre on??? I'm hearing mixed reports but I'd love to give it a go just to see. I bought my st1300 with a bt023 on it done 5k mile on it and the last 500 mile been iffy need new tyre for the winter and might chance a car tyre at the end of the month if I can find out the size

Just bought my first set of Pirelli Angel GTs on Ridersdomain. Low price plus Pirelli is offering a $50 gift card.

Just bought my first set of Pirelli Angel GTs on Ridersdomain. Low price plus Pirelli is offering a $50 gift card.

Hope you have better results than me (Larry might agree).

I've always had positive results with Angel GTs, but the last set (manufactured in a different country now) on the bike are showing reduced wear longevity. I'll switch to T31s or PRs when these wear down.

I don't see any Car Tires on the list. Bridgestone Drive Guard Run Flat. 205-55-17. Available from any reputable tire dealer and a booger to mount.

Hope you have better results than me (Larry might agree).

I've always had positive results with Angel GTs, but the last set (manufactured in a different country now) on the bike are showing reduced wear longevity. I'll switch to T31s or PRs when these wear down.

Thanks for the heads up. Ill keep an eye on them. Even if the cost per mile is lower or about the same changing rears is a hassle. If I only get 6,000 miles for Pirelli and 8,000 for Michelin I will switch back to the PR4s.

Back
Top Bottom