Riding gear near Knoxville

JPrieST

Don't squat with your spurs on
Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
Are there any good riding gear outlets in or very near to Knoxville TN? I'll be in that area tomorrow and Saturday. I'm hoping there is somewhere in that area that has a large selection of gear as I want to touch and actually try on some stuff before I buy. I'm needing to upgrade my jacket, helmet and boots. Gloves are always needing replacement. Mostly interested in touring type stuff. I'm not planning to buy all this right away, but if I can get my hands on it to see what I like I will know what to buy in the future. I've exhausted everything near me and just can't find stuff that I really like.

Any outlet recommendations in that area?

Thanks.

OP
OP
JPrieST

JPrieST

Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
You might try Cycle Gear at 268 Peters Road.
Good idea. My local cycle gear has a couple helmets I might be interested in, but not in my size. Maybe the one there will have the right size.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'd contact the BMW dealer in Louisville, TN near Knoxville. Alcoa BMW 2019 Topside Rd, 37777 also sells the big Japanese brands. I stopped there once a few years ago on a trip looking for something or other and it was a full line dealer with clothing, helmets, gloves. They appear to be a Klim dealer. Also Alcoa Good Times is listed as a Klim dealer.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Although it is a bit out of your way, Southern Powersports near Chattanooga is a large Honda Dealer ( My ST came from there), and I'd imagine they are pretty good for gear too. I have never been there, but their bike prices are pretty good.

Bike
R1200rt
Good idea. My local cycle gear has a couple helmets I might be interested in, but not in my size. Maybe the one there will have the right size.
you can check that store site for availability. Or you can order one and have it shipped to your store ( no charge) and if it doesn't fit they will order the right one . Sounds like a commercial :rofl1: :doh1:

OP
OP
JPrieST

JPrieST

Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
I'd contact the BMW dealer in Louisville, TN near Knoxville. Alcoa BMW 2019 Topside Rd, 37777 also sells the big Japanese brands. I stopped there once a few years ago on a trip looking for something or other and it was a full line dealer with clothing, helmets, gloves. They appear to be a Klim dealer. Also Alcoa Good Times is listed as a Klim dealer.
So, I'm not sure whether to thank you or block you! :p This is where I wound up and I left much poorer than when I arrived. I REALLY loved the Klim jackets. That is all I will admit to at this point.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
This is where I wound up and I left much poorer than when I arrived. I REALLY loved the Klim jackets. That is all I will admit to at this point.
The higher-end Klim gear, selling used on ADVrider Flea Market, regularly goes for some peoples' monthly mortgage payment.
The mid-range Klim gear, selling used, regularly goes for some peoples' monthly motorcycle payment, or 2 payments.

Top Bottom