Power Outlets

Just got an ST 1300 and noticed these (2) accessory ports. Question, where do I find a male plug to fit? Thanks.

Attachments

Bike
2003 ST1300A
Those look like standard PowerLets. You'd generally use them for heated gear, though the plugs can be used for electrical accessory connections. There are USB adapters for them.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Cords and adapters are available from many sources.
As we can't see under the covers, they could be 12v DC (think old cigarette lighters in cars, unless you're younger than 30), but more likely the DIN as mentioned. Some call these "BMW style", as they are popular on many of those machines, but John Deere tractors use the same plug.
But yeah, a picture of the innards would help to remove doubt.

Bike
VFR750F, ST1300
First, you should inspect/trace to find where it’s getting power and what size fuse protects that circuit.

You can get all sorts of accessories for that. Very useful one is USB power outlets to charge phone and voltmeter to keep an eye on battery and charging system.

Amazon - Voltmeter + USB charger

Bike
2010 ST1300
Those powerlet outlets are manufactured to higher tolerances than cigarette lighter ports. Depending on who makes them (I'm sure there are good ones such as Powerlet, and not so good ones, if they are unbranded) I would expect they both handle similar currents. You will be fine as long as your fuse is rated the same as the Powerlet or lower.

OP
OP
It’s about half the diameter of a standard cigarette lighter plug. Like nothing I’ve ever seen before. Thanks.

OP
OP
Those powerlet outlets are manufactured to higher tolerances than cigarette lighter ports. Depending on who makes them (I'm sure there are good ones such as Powerlet, and not so good ones, if they are unbranded) I would expect they both handle similar currents. You will be fine as long as your fuse is rated the same as the Powerlet or lower.
The problem is I need to find the male connector that plugs into it. These are part of Honda‘s top trim level on these bikes I am told.

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Great customer service from the resurrected Powerlet company too by the way. Another member here gave me the outlet, bracket and leads from the sockets, but not the wiring harness referenced in the installation instructions linked by @Hound

I wrote to them asking if I could buy just the connector and terminals so I could incorporate into my electrical system.

He asked for an address and sent me the entire harness, free of charge.

Please support them if you can!

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Great customer service from the resurrected Powerlet company too by the way.
<SNIP>
Please support them if you can!
Up until the new BMW, it's the first thing I've added to every bike since the 80s.
This dumb GSA came with 2 of 'em already installed.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Powerlet...Hella...DIN 12V... or see ISO 4165. Amazon for example is full of plugs, sockets and adapters; 'Hella' or 'DIN 12V' seem to be the most useful search terms.
This ^. Knocked it out of the park. It's a DIN/ISO 4165 plug and as mentioned it's commonly branded as Hella Powerlet and also BMW among the more well known names.

The problem is I need to find the male connector that plugs into it. These are part of Honda‘s top trim level on these bikes I am told.
Unfortunately you were told wrong. That's a third party kit of DIN plugs and not factory ordnance.

You finally found a source but you were given one early on:

Top Bottom