Gerbing Male Connector

So I am planning to do a DIY for some heated gear. On one of my motorcycle, I have a gerbing female connector already installed. I tried quite a few connectors which I have at home, none of them worked with it.

Does anyone know what's the size for a male side for gerbing or if it's going to be 2.5x5.5x10(mm's)?

Thanks for your help :)

I think your guess is pretty good. I just measured mine and got a 5.5mm outer diameter, 10mm length from shoulder to end of the male part. Inside appears to be 2.5 though I had to eyeball that a bit.

Should be a standard male coax plug. I’ve purchased many sae to m coax short cables off eBay and Amazon (non Gerbing) and all fit the Fe coax from the battery.

Is there a such thing as a standard coax?
Yes. Several in fact as you've observed. Those that are referenced for heated clothing from various moto vendors are most likely the same/proper size.

But it's not so easy picking one out of a bin of various bits. Grab a handful of AC adapters and there are some that look very close but aren't the same.

What is the exact size needed? Dunno. I just by what's needed from WarmnSafe or First Gear.

Got a couple of cheapies a few years ago at Radio Shack...... that I believe are size N. The ones from Warm & Safe are more heavy duty and better.

2.5 mm coax. Not as sasy to find pre-made as the 2.1 (common video camera size), but they are out there. Google for any local electronic hobby shops around you, they may have some.

Back
Top Bottom