Funny!

Geeeeze…. I haven’t had my viscera tighten up that bad in a loooong time, and these are just pictures!

634 skydives without raising my heartbeat much at all, but get me close to a cliff edge, etc. without being anchored and roped in and the cold sweats start. Go figure…

John
Did a bit of climbing in my younger years, remember climbing up a ladder anchored to a vertical rock face looking down between my feet at a nice green pasture some 1,300m below me feeling quite relaxed, but just 30 minutes later feeling quite nervous looking down at some rocky terrain 50m below me..... As if the result of falling would be any different between the two cases... Fear is not rational or manageable.. it just happens....

Geeeeze…. I haven’t had my viscera tighten up that bad in a loooong time, and these are just pictures!
634 skydives without raising my heartbeat much at all, but get me close to a cliff edge, etc. without being anchored and roped in and the cold sweats start. Go figure…John
John, you need to watch Jimmy Chin's documentary movie, Free Solo. He chronicles Alex Honnold's free climb (w/o ropes) up El Capitan. This is one amazing kid. And don't forget the cameraman is right there, too (but tied in....).

3 guys died and went to heaven. Gatekeeper tells them they need a vehicle to get around. He’ll ask them a question and their answer will determine which vehicle they will get.To the first guy, “Did you ever cheat on your wife”

“No sir, I did not. married a wonderful woman. Married for 65 years. Never thought to cheat. Totally happy. I would never do that. I was the luckiest guy around”

“That’s great…you can have a Rolls Royce.”

He gets in his car and drives off.

Asks the 2nd guy, “did you ever cheat on your wife”?

“Well, I was in the war. I got lonely. I sought companionship. I told my wife. She forgave me and I never did it again. But, this is heaven and I can’t lie…yes…I did cheat…ONCE”

“Sorry..a sin is a sin. You can have a Chevette (hey…it’s an old joke). Guy gets in his car and drives off

3rd guy. Same question.

“Absolutely. I was a traveling salesman. Had a lady in every city. Married for almost 60 years. My wife never suspected a thing. Worked up until my dying day. Cheated all the time and I would do it again.”

Gate keeper is upset. Here, you can have a 10-speed bike and be grateful you got that.

Gets on his bike and starts to peddle down the road. Get a couple hundred yards and sees the 1st guy is pulled over, crying on his steering wheel.

“He Buddy, what are you crying about, you have the best vehicle of all of us”

1st guy picks his head up…sobs a bit…”yeah, I know, but my wife just passed me on roller skates”

Back
Top Bottom