BMW K1200RS?

Has anyone seen these in the flesh? S has too much plastic,R has to little.RS looks just right(to me).They got rid of the servo brakes this year:) .Still no hard bags:( .Local dealer offered a test ride on the R(same ergos & motor).Couldn't get the salesman to admit servo brakes were a mistake-"BMW is always pushing the envelope...blah,blah,blah." I don't know if I want to be held hostage by service dept.The K's computer determines when valves need adjusting etc.Just thinking...

The RS is very nice looking in person.

I really like that faring design they came up with.

As far as I know, servo brakes are now discontinued, and are no longer being fitted to beemers.

This new model still has the 6K mile valve lash. :puk1:

I saw the new K12Rsport at the IMC :bow1: There is a girl I ride with on occasion that has the older RS... cyclopse eye and all, ugly :eek:

Has anyone seen these in the flesh? S has too much plastic,R has to little.RS looks just right(to me)

Well,,, I have a 2003 BMW K1200 RS... Me thinks this is the bestest looking bike ever made... But,,, i would trade a ST-1300 even up for it... But I am enjoying the heck out of it now I am getting it adjusted correctly...

Ask Putt... I had my shocks far,,, FAR,,, F A R to soft and it made this bike feel like the frame was either built on a hinge or it was broken... :eek: It felt great on the straights and highway but,,, we finally got to the curves and it was the scarest ride I ever had till I started screwing the shock/Damper down to hard...

I have yet to sign my "Loyalty Card" with BMW,,, but so far,,, I like riding what I got...

Attachments

• IMG_4362.JPG
    IMG_4362.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4396.JPG
    IMG_4396.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4397.JPG
    IMG_4397.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4361.JPG
    IMG_4361.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 40
The RS is very nice looking in person.

I really like that faring design they came up with.

As far as I know, servo brakes are now discontinued, and are no longer being fitted to beemers.

This new model still has the 6K mile valve lash. :puk1:

Off topic... Buck is that a Goffin's??

Putt...

Off topic... Buck is that a Goffin's??

Putt...

Hi Putt,

Sorry I didn't catch this. No, as far as I know, she isn't.

I took her in from a friend who had to move into an appartment, and couldn't keep a bird like this.

I don't know what she is exactly. According to her she's a "Smelly bird"
though. :)

<Thread Re Jack>

Hey Terry, thanks for the pics! Nice Jacket:)

No, really. I like your MC, and am really glad that you are getting to ride it some. I don't think it's ugly, not at all. I hope it gives you great joy right up until you buy a ST. Or maybe a Connie?

You might want to consider parking next to a V-Strom when ever possible. Hee hee hee!

Back
Top Bottom