RTC 2020-03-19/22 CA, Mecca Beach SRA North Shore CANCELLED

Camp? That's a four letter word for me since 1982, the last time I partook of that "fun" activity. Maybe we should have a thread about camping horror stories and what made you decide to never do it again. :fish1:

Camp? That's a four letter word for me since 1982, the last time I partook of that "fun" activity. Maybe we should have a thread about camping horror stories and what made you decide to never do it again. :fish1:

You must have some interest to even look at Ride To Camp post. I double dare you to show up!:nanner1:

No you cannot bunk with me, but I will bring an extra tent, sleeping bag, & air mattress if that's what it takes. You can tell your horror story about your bad trip around the campfire - no crying allowed!!

I will bring an extra tent, sleeping bag, & air mattress if that's what it takes. You can tell your horror story about your bad trip around the campfire

Well, if you could set that spare tent right up against yours, that might be OK. I snore a bit though, so you might want to have earplugs handy. About the campfire, I've got this thing about fire that might make it unsafe for me to be around. I hope the guys wouldn't mind if I went to bed early.

Last edited:
I'm going down just prior to that to see Ernie and Judy at the Cahuilla Regional Park. I'll see you there at Salton Sea Mecca Beach. What spot number do you want and I'll stake them out.

Last edited:
There taking reservations this year for Mecca Beach also. If you like we could just camp there where we usually do. Get two sites side by side when we get there with plenty of room. I'll be bringing my truck and trailer and my KLR 650 to ride. I'll bring some Fire Wood Also. I'll bring my Barbeque and some steaks for Saturday night if that sounds good.

Last edited:
There taking reservations this year for Mecca Beach also. If you like we could just camp there where we usually do. Get two sites side by side when we get there with plenty of room. I'll be bringing my truck and trailer and my KLR 650 to ride. I'll bring some Fire Wood Also. I'll bring my Barbeque and some steaks for Saturday night if that sounds good.

Hi Alicia,

I don't think we will need reservations. We will camp at the S. end as usual, site #133 I think. BBQ steaks sound good to me!

I hope that Keith is coming. Even if he brings his truck that's OK. His truck and his Goldwing trailer. I have a 7 pin to 4-5 pin adapter and they're only about $10. Hope to see you There!

Here is a quote from Kieth's Comfort Camping forum on FaceBook-

"Flying to Oregon the weekend before to attend a wedding and returning mid-week Tues. Need to work Wed .& Thurs. hope to be able to attend on Friday-Sunday. Will be camping with truck if I do make it."

I was just teasing. We'll take a head count on Saturday and all are welcome. We're going to have a Great time. I think that I have another bottle of 12 year old single malt.

RTC just a week away. Start getting ready. I'll be riding out on Thursday.
BTW - Not a single case of corona virus reported in Mecca Beach:thumb:

IMG_2391.jpg

Back
Top Bottom