TN: Tag

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Well Janis and I were looking for a place to ride on this beautiful Saturday, so we hopped on the Wing and took a little trip around Middle TN. When someone goes to move the new tag, I suggest you stay long enough to enjoy the smothered pork chop that you can cut with your fork. We didn't move it far, but at least it moved.

John and Janis

tag1.JPG

tag2.jpg

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Well if you snooze you lose! I picked up the tag last Sun., enjoyed the same BBQ you did, rode back through Bell Buckle, thought about dropping it there but decided to go further East...Oh well should have posted. It may get moved today....who knows...thanks for the PM John.

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Got out and moved the TN tag this weekend. I was wanting to move it further East but time did not allow for a longer ride.
Old tag...
New Tag... there are some good roads in the area, Hwy 96 and 264 would be fun getting there and Sykes Rd. on the way out...however you get there enjoy!

Attachments

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
FALI,
After quite a search with Google Earth Street View, I located when you placed the tag. Now to find a good day to go pick it up.

John

Bike
st 1300
pretty sure that is on the Cosby Highway between Newport and Gatlinburg just on the outskirts of Gatlinburg. Lot of wood carving stores and crafts through there and that looks like the Highway in the background. I may be wrong. I don't live far from there myself.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
pretty sure that is on the Cosby Highway between Newport and Gatlinburg just on the outskirts of Gatlinburg. Lot of wood carving stores and crafts through there and that looks like the Highway in the background. I may be wrong. I don't live far from there myself.
If it's just outside of Gatlinburg, it's just 175 miles out. :D

Oh, I got these pictures off of Google Street View. I haven't picked up the tag yet.

John

New Tag 1.jpg

New Tag 2.jpg

Last edited:

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Know where it is but dumb question, how do you "PICK UP" the tag LOL! I will probably be going right through there in a day or two.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Know where it is but dumb question, how do you "PICK UP" the tag LOL! I will probably be going right through there in a day or two.
Just ride a motorcycle there and take a picture at the old location and then take your bike to a new location and take a picture there and post it as the new!

Very easy to do you just need to ride!

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
May have made this too easy but they got good food, cheap, and a camp ground to boot! Let me know and will meet you there sometime for some fish and hush puppies! Maybe a future RTE?

Attachments

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I thought about moving the tag over the weekend, but I'm glad I waited. I had much rather pick up the tag at a location that serves fried catfish! Their website says all you can eat after 4:30, Thursday-Saturday, so I'll have to plan accordingly.

John

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Tell them Alan sent you! Let me know what you think of the place. My GF's family owns the place.

Top Bottom