NEWS Touring Tracker

Tom,
What tent do you use and why?
Thanks
The only answer I can give is another question: When? I have at least 5 tents I'm currently using. Depending on the trip length and forecast weather. The five are 1; Sierra Designs Clearwing 2, 2: Sierra Designs Tensegrity 2 3: Kelty Horizon 2 4: Black Diamond Hilight 2P and 5: Mellow wants to be me so badly he bought both a motorcycle (BMW1250RT) and tent (Nemo Switch 2) to match mine ! :rofl1:

Tom

52118337008_f612eadfb5_k.jpg

52028327535_5f63510c9b_z.jpg

50776857906_d4cf3a157e_z.jpg

51533229028_ab81d78e67_z.jpg

52250509129_3201c6f4f9_z.jpg

Last edited:
The only answer I can give is another question: When? I have at least 5 tents I'm currently using. Depending on the trip length and forecast weather. The five are 1; Sierra Designs Clearwing 2, 2: Sierra Designs Tensegrity 2 3: Kelty Horizon 2 4: Black Diamond Hilight 2P and 5: Mellow wants to be me so badly he bought both a motorcycle (BMW1250RT) and tent (Nemo Switch 2) to match mine ! :rofl1:

Tom

Ok! But if you could only have one, which would it be. I do not have one and am looking at getting just one and give this motocamping a try.

Ok! But if you could only have one, which would it be. I do not have one and am looking at getting just one and give this motocamping a try.
The one Mellow and I have will probably end up my favorite: The Nemo Switch 2 is well built (a little too heavy and not compact enough for backpacking), very roomy, plenty of ventilation and headroom, door can be used as an awning, should be good for hot weather, and easy to setup. I haven't used it enough yet to say for sure but it's in the top 2.

If the Nemo ends up in second place the Sierra Designs Clearwing 2 would be the first place one as it's quicker in set up, has a smaller footprint and packs up smaller.

Tom

Aww.. I got excited for a second...lol

I just rode from Colorado to Miami over 4 days and then an overnight trip Miami to Daytona... but zero night in a Tent so far... :(

Guess I have a new goal ;)

Touring tracker for any touring, the tent tracker is for camping.

Touring tracker for any touring, the tent tracker is for camping.
I can't believe you let me get away with using your picture of the NemoSabe from NatSToc, while saying you were copying me...I still think it will be a winner :thumb:.

Tom

I can't believe you let me get away with using your picture of the NemoSabe from NatSToc, while saying you were copying me...I still think it will be a winner :thumb:.

Tom
I can't avoid the obvious... I want to be Tom... I think many here do, but are just too afraid to admit it for fear of being cancelled. :D

Tom

52118337008_f612eadfb5_k.jpg

52028327535_5f63510c9b_z.jpg

50776857906_d4cf3a157e_z.jpg

51533229028_ab81d78e67_z.jpg

52250509129_3201c6f4f9_z.jpg
Which one is bear proof for our next trip to Alaska?

I don't get the funny part and I'd probably laugh if my sister's ... well, we got so many people here on the lower mainland nodding off and dying pretty much like that, six a day now, in fact, I've seen it, just like that, from fentanyl, it's really no joke, most of our out west contemporaries have known three or four of their friends that just aren't around anymore. Real people.

Back
Top Bottom