Article [13] ST1300 - How to flush the coolant-Video

Afternoon Guy's

As mentioned in the replacing Clutch Slave Cylinder seals post, I tend to video everything I do on my bike, hoping the video helps someone in the same way I have been helped historically on this and many other sites.

Here is the video on how to remove the mid cowling from the ST1300 (the hardest part of the job) and change the coolant throughout the system.

Hope it helps

Regards

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any video for that

The post immediately before the one you quoted has an embedded YouTube video. I am on my mobile so I cannot see where you live; if outside the U.S. it may be that YouTube's "zones" are preventing you from seeing it.

[EDIT: I switched skins and see you are in Florida. You should be able to see the embedded video, though I also note you had problems with the original link.

The embedded version plays just fine for me.]

Last edited:
The post immediately before the one you quoted has an embedded YouTube video. I am on my mobile so I cannot see where you live; if outside the U.S. it may be that YouTube's "zones" are preventing you from seeing it.

[EDIT: I switched skins and see you are in Florida. You should be able to see the embedded video, though I also note you had problems with the original link.

The embedded version plays just fine for me.]
Sorry my question wasn't clear enough
I meant the brake fluid change video

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Sorry my question wasn't clear enough

Hi

I am glad I scaled back my original snarky reply. Your posts indicate you are far too nice to deserve public flak and abuse from the likes of me.

I am sure there are videos on the brake fluid bleed / change process but I have not gone looking for them. Trying to remember whether I just followed the Honda shop manual instructions last time, or whether I had a supplemental document from a member here. Of course I am too lazy to get off my duff and check, but I think it was just the manual.

It's not exactly a video (unless you click through the photos REALLY fast... :) ), but this article is well-written and very thoroughly illustrated. It was the guide I used for brake fluid replacement both times that I've done it (including this morning).

On the overflow reservoir, what, if anything is the top hose (that goes into the neck of the tank) connected to? Mine popped out -- still attached to the neck, but is it connected to anything inside, or is it just a breather?

On the overflow reservoir, what, if anything is the top hose (that goes into the neck of the tank) connected to? Mine popped out -- still attached to the neck, but is it connected to anything inside, or is it just a breather?
The top one is a breather if you are on a 1300.

Top Bottom