Part name/number request

Hoping one of the fine folks here can help me find a missing part on my fairing. I had the local Honda shop order a part and they ordered a foam piece rather than a black plastic part.

I need the left side removable cover as (missing) in the picture but am having trouble finding it. Its mirror image is present in the photo of the right side. IMG_8512.jpgIMG_8511.jpg

Commonly referred to as the "Maintenance Cover", removed to access the oil filler cap and spark plugs and other stuff.
Ron Ayers had them recently, IIRC. They have on online parts fiche with part numbers.
Also, check the For Sale area for someone parting out a basically intact 1300.
Someone else posted about finding one a few weeks ago.

That actually looks like part of the fairing deflector kit 08P73 MCS 800A that is missing - the part that goes over the maintenance cover. It looks like the cover is intact in the photo.

1714759755427.png

I don't think those are readily available anymore.

Last edited:
Thanks Obo! That part number for the entire deflector led me to find the individual piece I needed!
"Deflector B, L. Side" 08P73-MCS-80014
"Deflector B, R. Side" 08P73-MCS-80013

Reactions: Obo
There is a modification thread on here that shows you can do to them as well, so they're a bit more secure than just the retainer pin (needs to be longer than stock for simply the mx cover) and the front 'bump' that holds it in place. I lost mine a few years ago but haven't replaced it yet as they are a bit pricey and it helps with heat flow during the colder weather I ride in. I just tolerate it during the summer but will prob at some point either try to have one 3d printed to match the other side I still have, or drop the requested $$$ for a new one.

Thanks Obo! That part number for the entire deflector led me to find the individual piece I needed!
"Deflector B, L. Side" 08P73-MCS-80014
"Deflector B, R. Side" 08P73-MCS-80013
See the link in the below post to help ensure that you don't loose them.

Top Bottom