Mr. Salvadori's Bucket List.... how many can you claim?

well I've ridden in all 48 states plus DC, 2 provinces of Canada and 5 countries in Europe.

Haven't done Mexico or Hawaii, Peru, Tibet, Portugal, New Zealand and no plan to

Last edited:
Actually quite a few of them (except for Mexico and Portugal). Done New Zealand, Stelvio, Andermatt, Blue Ridge, Natchez Trace, etc.

**Note - I went back and took a closer look and looks like I've ridden on 22 of the 35.
Most of the ones I've missed are in foreign countries, Hawaii or dual sport roads. :biggrin:
I can't believe he left off Lolo Pass in Idaho though - one of my top favorites!

BTW, I've put 4 ST1100s in 48 states with a picture of each bike at the state line sign, and 3 of them have been to Alaska!
Ridden through most of the Canada Provinces, all over the UK, Ireland, and a good part of Europe also and New Zealand.

Uncle Phil - The Bikes

Last edited:
Actually quite a few of them (except for Mexico and Portugal). Done New Zealand, Stelvio, Blue Ridge, Natchez Trace, etc.

I'm sure we could make a fantastic list of roads to ride without having to leave the states.

Just thinking of some that I have ridden:

Beartooth Pass Wy/Mt
Chief Joseph Pass Mt
Going to the Sun Road Montana
Rattlesnake Grade Washington/Oregon
Tail of the Dragon NC
Cherohala Skyway NC
The Talon West Virginia
Back of the Dragon Va
Diamond Back 226A N Carolina
Tunnel of Trees Michigan
Mt Washington Auto Rd NH
Kancamagus Hwy NH
Smugglers Notch VT
Blue Ridge Parkway VA/NC
Lots of passes in Colorado.....
Triple Nickle Ohio
Pig Trail Ark
Claw of the Dragon Va
Natchez Trace Tenn-Miss
Pacific Coast Highway Ca
Mulholland Dr Ca
Needles Hwy S Dakota
Rt 12 Lewis & Clark Hwy Idaho/Mont
The Rattlesnake 192 Kentucky

will try and think of more

One I missed and will probably never get to Twisted Sisters in Texas

Feel free to add other great roads you have ridden

BTW, I've put 4 ST1100s in 48 states with a picture of each bike at the state line sign, and 3 of them have been to Alaska!
Ridden through most of the Canada Provinces, all over the UK, Ireland, and a good part of Europe also and New Zealand.

Uncle Phil - The Bikes

To me you are the epitome of a touring rider. My envy meter is through the roof

To me you are the epitome of a touring rider. My envy meter is through the roof
Well, I am just fortunate that the Good Lord has allowed me to ride all the places while still working a full time job.
Sometimes when I go back and look at the pictures, I have to ask myself - "Were you really there?" :biggrin:
At least in the nursing home I can point people to the pictures and say "See, sonny I used to really ride something besides a wheelchair!" ;)

The Sisters and the other 5 great Texas roads to ride :rofl1:, most if not all of the paved 10k+ passes and sweet twisty roads to do them courtesy of the BMW 100Kft rides, Natchez, Mt Rushmore, Devil's Tower, Spearfish Canyon/14A, Badlands, Peak to Peak, Pikes Peak before it was paved all of the way :nuts:... etc etc etc...

Nothing outside the US, unfortunately... Yet! :cool:

The ride to The Big Texan is a thrilling ride. And if you head on west you can see our departed village idiot's buried Cadillacs. He really missed it on New Mexico roads. He had a great write up on Cimmaron canyon years ago.
And the river road from Study Butte to Presidio.

Back
Top Bottom