Winter Project List

Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
Working on my project list, so far I have switches to clean/lube, ground point and connector and rear wheel shaft/final drive hydraulic noise damper if there is such a thing, I need to do some reading here. Basically, if I rotate wheel back and forth I hear a noise that I don't have on my other shafters. I didn't see a hydraulic damper (as a part of the shaft) when I had the bike apart in spring.
Edit 1 - adding the brake fluid flush (clutch and brake), the fluid in the clutch reservoir is murky, probably from not flushing the lines good enough in spring when I worked on it. Fluid in brake reservoir is clear, I flushed that circuit to death.
Edit 2 - added coolant replacement, should have done it in spring.

What are your winter projects?

Last edited:
Might replace my Zmoon amber/white fork mounted lights. One had a grounding issue from the factory that I just rubber isolated it from the chassis when I installed them. I've since bought 2 more sets so will likely put on on the ST and perhaps the other on the Wing.

I've also got that new swap to the Darkside tire I've not installed yet....

Last edited:
Maybe the rubber dampers in the hub?

They looked okay when I had the drive flange apart for doing the bearings, and reinstalled with some effort (like there was no play in there). What I remember when I tested in spring... it wasn't a short back/forth like checking for gear lash, it was a longer back/forth that made the thumping noise. I need to revisit/diagnose that.

My list includes brake and clutch flushing, measure brake pad wear and hopefully get to the hardware installation of the Audiovox cruise control :unsure:

Reactions: Obo
Back
Top Bottom