Windshields for the ST1100... Trials underway..

I tried the standard MRA shield and its not working for me. Better than stock though.

I'm 6'-4" with a 34" riding inseam, thats with my Sidi onroads. So far the tall rifle has been best, very clean air except for the shoulders. But, I don't like the top of the wind sheild just below eye level, I can live with it though. With the rifle I can lean into it and get into calm air. I think I need a wider than stock shield, I have a 50" chest and the wind on the arms is noisy, if I put my hand up to block the air next to the rifle all goes nice and smooth. Has anyone my size tried a wide screen in the plus 6" range? Can the bike's plastic hold up to such large screens?

I've tried at least 4 versions. My recommendation is a Clearview (probably Lg at your size), plus Laminar Lip. The Lip is the one for the standard ST1100. It isn't really wide enough for the Clearview, but works well.

I'm 6'0" with 30" inseam, which means our torso is similar. I use the Clearview Medium with the Lip. This combo eliminated the head bobbing of my passenger.

AFAIK, the Clearview is the widest of the available ST1100 shields. The Lip pushes the air up higher than a similar shield at least 4" taller. It works.

Laminar has their own shield, reports on it are good. I haven't tried it.

Back
Top Bottom