Windshield suggestions for 95 ST1100

Bike
97 ST1100A
STOC #
Currently I have a 20"x19" (hxw) aftermarket windshield on my 95 ST1100. I do not know what brand as it was on the bike when purchased this summer.

I am looking for something which might provide better protection for the co-pilot (5'3") when cooler weather comes to DFW area in Texas. Hopefully, one is available that will not create problems with buffeting and/or distortion.

I have reviewed some of the other threads and it appears most are discussing shields for 1300s and are not applicable or available for the 1100.

Srt8 70 is selling a CeeB that is standard size +4" width. However he and I am about the same height (5'10") and he indicated that he is sitting in the wind stream when riding with considerable buffeting w/o bending down.

Just wondering who else makes something that I should consider. Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

dave

I had a medium Clearview on on my last ST1100.

My current ST11 came with a Laminar Screen/Lip combo.

The Laminar is narrower at the top than the Clearview was, but is quieter. I am going to try a Medium or Large Clearview with a Laminar Lip as mt next screen. I am 6'6" so I sit up pretty high. I have an XL Clearview with a Goldwing vent as my cold/rainy weather screen. Even with a XL Clearview the windflow hits me somewhere between mid faceshield and my chin. When I duck down about 6-8" it's really quiet...how nice that would be.

The MRA windscreen is well regarded in Europe, isn't huge, and has a top section that has a small range of adjustment. There are standard and tall versions. I imagine you could even take that top part off in the summer.

Attachments

• mra3.jpg
    mra3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 40
  • ST1100VMA1.jpg
    ST1100VMA1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 40
Thanks everyone for the info and evaluations. I think I will try the laminar lip first. If still not satisfied, will then look at other options.

We went on a short ride this week for lunch and she was fairly comfortable on the way out. Unfortunately, wind picked up to about 40 mph quartering for the ride back and I thought I was going to have to go get the car to get her home ;).

Again, thanks -- Dave

Back
Top Bottom