Windshield on st1100

STOC #
When I got my st, the previous owner had three windshields to pass - short, medium, tall (medium was on the bike).

Well on the drive home my helmet got battered with the wind and I had a headache after about a 4hr ride. I put on the 'tall' windshield, but since I'm a tall person (6'4") my head still sticks over the windshield and the helmet reverberates a lot.

I would /like/ to be able to sit normally on my ST and be protected by the windshield. Right now the only way to do that is to crouch down a couple inches, but that's hardly a practical position to sit in for any more than a few moments.

Advice?

Nope - the previous owner had a corbin seat installed. Do you have a URL for the windshield companies you're referring to?

I'm 6'3" and hated the stock windshield as did my passenger. I've installed the Laminar Lip combo, cut the seat down a bit so I don't slide forward so much and that seems to work for me. I still get a bit of buffetting on my helmet and arms but it's much more enjoyable now.
Hope that helps.
Cliff.

The 6'5" brother in law and I sit the same height, the laminar lip combo made all the difference in the world on the ST1100...

Mark

+1 on the Corbin seat - it will lower you 1 - 1.5 ".
Apparently you have aftermarket windshields for the 3 versions that you refer to, if so, the style makes a significant difference. The stock windshield has a flip at the top that improves the effective wind protection by 2 - 4 inches over a straight windshield at the same height. When replacing the windshield, this is a vital feature to look for. A lot of aftermarket windshields don't have this flip feature, because it is harder to produce and keep the optical quality, they simply project back at a straight angle. This is where the laminar lip performs much like the flip feature on the better designs.

Back
Top Bottom