Where can I get this electrical connector?

@Andrew Shadow, I stand corrected. But you are trying to have it both ways. If, as you said, "Male/female designation is determined by the terminal orientation, not the connector orientation.", then what would normally be a male plastic part housing female terminals would carry the female name. Maybe these are gender indifferent?

@Andrew Shadow, I stand corrected. But you are trying to have it both ways. If, as you said, "Male/female designation is determined by the terminal orientation, not the connector orientation.", then what would normally be a male plastic part housing female terminals would carry the female name. Maybe these are gender indifferent?
No, only one way.
I used the terminology of male/female in referencing the connectors (the part that houses the unshielded conductive terminals) for descriptive purposes as a means to distinguish one from the other in the explanation. Despite the fact that the connector is female in that another connector is inserted in to it, as opposed to the other way around, it is still referred to as the male half of the plug if the terminals that it is housing are male.

To your question whether connectors that are devoid of any terminals are male or female, I don't know what the industry standard is. One would hope that the same standard is applied to the connectors when they are devoid of any terminals for the sake of consistency.

Received my order today from CycleTerminal.com. (they are on the East coast and I am on the West coast, shipping via USPS)

Perfect fit, very pleased. Thanks everyone for your help

CycleTerminals.com.jpg

Back
Top Bottom