Two Brothers Exhaust for ST1300

Bike
2005 ST1300
I placed this in the misc. instead of performance because two bothers slip ons only boast about 4hp. Being I just purchased an 05 ST (my first ST ever) and coming off of 3 VFR's.....I have a hard time with stock exhaust. I ran both Staintune stainless and Two Bros titanium on my VFR's. I liked the Two Bros because it wouldn't defen small animals and children at higher rpms like the Staintune. The Two Bros sound would disipate to almost stock on my VFR. Both being V-4's, would it be safe to assume the sound would be similar? Any one out there running Two Bros on their 1300? If so, which model and material? On a seperate note; am I the yougest ST owner at 27? Thanks in advance:)

Last edited:
You just might be the youngest... welcome to the site and hope your post doesn't turn into a 'loud pipes saves lives' episode.. LOL

I tried the Two Bros on my ST (now I have a Wing)... And, I don't remember them disipating at speed... I actually liked hearing, with ear plugs in, the exhaust more than the motor.. I just liked it more.. But, since I camp so much I decided I didnt' want to piss off campers if I pulled in late or left early from a site. So, I sold them.

I always wore ear plugs but I seem to remember I still could hear a distant growl of pipes even at highway speeds... hope that helps..

Yes it does help. I guess the bigger bore can carry more of a note. As much as I love hearing gear driven cams....I am almost sick of hearing them. I need exhaust tone to cover some of that up. Which size/material were your two's Joe?

vfourlife said:
Yes it does help. I guess the bigger bore can carry more of a note. As much as I love hearing gear driven cams....I am almost sick of hearing them. I need exhaust tone to cover some of that up. Which size/material were your two's Joe?

I had the cheapest version, can't remember which... got them at www.partmonster.com You'll have to call but no one beat their price, at the time.

vfourlife said:
I placed this in the misc. instead of performance because two bothers slip ons only boast about 4hp. Being I just purchased an 05 ST (my first ST ever) and coming off of 3 VFR's.....I have a hard time with stock exhaust. I ran both Staintune stainless and Two Bros titanium on my VFR's. I liked the Two Bros because it wouldn't defen small animals and children at higher rpms like the Staintune. The Two Bros sound would disipate to almost stock on my VFR. Both being V-4's, would it be safe to assume the sound would be similar? Any one out there running Two Bros on their 1300? If so, which model and material? On a seperate note; am I the yougest ST owner at 27? Thanks in advance:)
Well, I can't add to the exhaust conversation, but you aren't the youngest.:D

Scott

staintunes come with the restrictors , but I do remember one guy here saying you could get the two bros with them,but only on one style.... alway I was told on this site and sport-touring.net that the two bros where loader at speed on the st..plus the tunes look more stock and refined on this bike then the two bros..hope this helped......

Wookie said:
yes, but 24 and how many months? im not even a month into 24 :D
Dang, you got me. I am 18 days from 25, and then I get the "big boy" discount on my insurance.

YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!:D

We must be exponentially wise beyond our years to be riding such a fine machine at such a young age!:03biker: :D
Scott

Last edited:
Shucks, I waqs hoping to win the youngest contest at 26, oh well, maybe next year ;)

As to the two brothers, I've heard ythey are louder than the Staintunes on the ST.

George

I don't mean to go off subject. But at 27 I must be one of those 'wise beyond our years' kind of guys.

I was thinking since I'm in Denton TX, just 3hrs south of OKC. Wouldn't it be fun to meet in OKC one weekend since it's between here and Kansas. ...us younger ST riders. Just a thought.

I've got two brothers racing pipes and want to go back to stock. Does any one know if after removing the power commander do I have to do anything to the computer. re: reflash?

Sorry Guys...
There is a new owner of an 06 who is 22....He posted just recently.

I have heard the staintunes and they sound really good. Not too loud but really good. (And I think they were without restrictors.)

Staintune website has a couple or files that you can listen them.

I realize this is a really old post but I just picked up a brand new set of Two Brothers M2's for $435 shipped... hope I love 'em...

I recently put a set of M-5 V.A.L.E.'s on my 2005. They are awesome! They're loud when you're rolling on the throttle, but quiet down quite a bit while your running at speed. A lot more throttle response too.

Glad I did it.

yes its an old thread but heyho. here are my V.A.L.E TBR cannons.
bot they are loud.:p:
Alex.

Attachments

• P1000812.JPG
    P1000812.JPG
    469.3 KB · Views: 99
The CF looks really nice on the white bike!

I've had the TBR cans on my bike for several months now. I can't imagine the bike without them, and the wife is happy too!

VRODDRAGON,

What say you about the power commander? My understanding is the Honda fuel injection computer, etc does not respond to one? Tell me more, as I've used similar things on other FI bikes and they make a tremendous difference.

About the power commander...

That was my point, I gathered since this was an ST forum he was referring to the ST and had done something interesting in that regard to an ST.

Back
Top Bottom