Wanted Superbrace for ST1100

I have one on my 2000 from years ago. I would say it handles just a little better on that bike than on the 94. I doubt anyone is going to have one but it’s worth a search (and Superbrace doesn’t make them any longer). The 94 handles just fine but every little bit of extra stiffness is worth it in terms of handling.

A good front end alignment will likely do more than adding a brace, which could theoretically hurt.

A good front end alignment will likely do more than adding a brace
The assumption being the front in is out of alignment and to a significant degree in the first place.

which could theoretically hurt.
Or which could theoretically help. Some people are of the opinion that there's no way they can help. Others seem to have add a positive experience. I'd like to see a high speed camera of a couple of different years of ST (I don't know if fork tube construction has changed over model years) before and after a front end alignment and a front end alignment with a fork brace.

For the 1100s we could start by removing the fork brace under the fender. My V65 Sabre had one over the top of the fender. I don't remember if my VF1000 had one.

The forks (and triple tree) are different on the '96 and newer ABS II.

I think all other ST1100 models are the same.

I happen to have one
If it’s an original Superbrace and in decent shape, I’ll take it- how much do you want for it (and include like $15 -20 for shipping to South Carolina, 29579)?

Tell me how to pay in a PM- I’m good with a check sent to you and wait til it clears, or PayPal works as well. Whatever your choice.

If you have one for sale, please let me know, and thank you.

If it’s an original Superbrace and in decent shape, I’ll take it- how much do you want for it (and include like $15 -20 for shipping to South Carolina, 29579)?

Tell me how to pay in a PM- I’m good with a check sent to you and wait til it clears, or PayPal works as well. Whatever your choice.

The assumption being the front in is out of alignment and to a significant degree in the first place.

Or which could theoretically help. Some people are of the opinion that there's no way they can help. Others seem to have add a positive experience. I'd like to see a high speed camera of a couple of different years of ST (I don't know if fork tube construction has changed over model years) before and after a front end alignment and a front end alignment with a fork brace.

For the 1100s we could start by removing the fork brace under the fender. My V65 Sabre had one over the top of the fender. I don't remember if my VF1000 had one.
83 V45 Interceptor / VF750F definitely had one

Back
Top Bottom