ST1100 Windshield Height

STOC #
I just bought me a mint 91 Silver ST1100 with only 24K miles. It came with the stock as well as a Rifle 22 inch windshield. The previous owner was over 6 foot and the 22 inch shield worked for him. At 5'7", it bisects my forward view. How do I choose the right height? Is it more common to look through or over the shield? I could just cut this one down but I think I might want to add some width.

TIA,
G

Where did ya find a 24K SSMST? I mean, Mine had only 23K on'er but that was in 93!!!

George
Packed and ready to head to Kingman, Arizona

Oh, I menat to mention that I'm using a new Rifle 26" on this trip. Just polished it for tomorrow's ride across IL, MO, and AR. Maybe a little OK, too.

Anyway, I'm 5'11". I've always had a "look over" screen in the past. Thought I'd try the "look through" for a change. I really like it during the day time, not so much in the dark, or in the rain, or ESPECIALLY in the dark and rain.

Also, as a screen wears, ya get those haze "circles" from oncoming lights. I'll prolly cut it down before the next trip.

My opinion,

George

George said:
Where did ya find a 24K SSMST? I mean, Mine had only 23K on'er but that was in 93!!!

George

It's actually more like 23.7K but who's counting. :p:

I found it on Craigslist. It was posted on Wednesday and I called Thursday at Noon. I was just as amazed as you.

G

Back
Top Bottom