ST1100 Clear View, It works!

Ok FYI, in case your still trying shields. I'm 6'-4", 34" inseam. I've got the Clear View GRANDE with the vent. I love it, I can still see over it just fine, wind noise is much better than my previous MRA and Rifle. The tall Rifle was good, but the width and rake of the Clear View works. I can tuck in and its all quiet in the world. The goldwing vent actually smoothes out the air, I've had it up to 105 mph and It didn't rip off. :06biker: :D :bow1:

283070514_KmBqx-M.jpg

283069898_wtZLL-M.jpg

283063124_ePiv4-M.jpg

283059937_md5Yx-M.jpg

:headbang: :woo :eek:illeak1:

If I was looking for one I would try it. It looks wider than my old Clearviews. Mine work fine, yours might be better yet!:03biker:

I installed last month almost the exact shield on my 2001 ST1100. I got the

GT Large 23" L 4" Vertically Higher

I'm not sure what the "Grande" is that you have but basically mine is identical to yours to include the vent. So far I enjoy it. I'm 5'8 with a 30" inseam. The wind stream slides right to the top of my helmet, so with the vents open it's a tad noise but that's okay because I get good airflow into the helmet. No complaints there at all. Wind protection is wider and more preferable to my previous Laminar shield, tho I may regret taht wind protection once the summer heat comes.

Sadly, we keep getting friggin SNOW and cold temps here (where the hell is Spring?) so I really haven't had the chance to do any kind of long ride to test the shield out or any warm ride to test out the goldwing-style vent. IT does allow air through which I like.

So far I"m very happy with the shield. They got it to me fairly fast ... 5 weeks or so. Not bad for a bike that is no longer manufactured, you nkow?

By grande, I mean the largest one they make.

I'm happy with it, with a 50" chest the 4" of extra width really helped while I still get plenty of air in warm temps. I was afraid it would be too tall but, I can still see over it just fine. It was about 90 the other day and the vent did its job directing air right into me helmet at chin level.

I've just about got this one fully farkled. :)

Back
Top Bottom