ST1100 ,96 thinking about getting or making a trailer hitch.

Bike
ST1100 1996 Honda
Hoping to get or make a trailer hitch for my St1100 , once i get over cancer. First question anyone have one for Sale? Or are there plans or a good picture of one that can be posted here? Last what are the attachment points thanks Gerard

Pretty sure that you can still get one from Denray if you can't find one elsewhere- Honda ST 1100 1991-2002.

It currently is listed as out of stock however, if nothing has changed since the last time that I was at their shop, this was a Father and Son operation. The Son is the one who made most of the hitches. He just kept making them on a continuous basis for the most popular ones as the stock diminished. Whatever was currently getting low is what he would make. They keep all of their dies and drawings even if they have stopped making a particular hitch due to no demand. He told me that it doesn't really matter to him what size steel he bends, or how many times he bends it, or where he bends it. If someone wants something that they have no stock of or have stopped making he just digs out the drawing and throws it in the pile of what he has already planned to make. It might not be right away however as they are a small outfit.

If you can't find a hitch elsewhere and are interested in a Denray I would suggest that you contact them and ask them if you can get one from them regardless of what the website states.

Hi Guys, thanks for the links ,and Pictures . Should be able to make my own looking at the pic''s . By the time I figure out the Denray's price in canadian cash it's more than the bike cost me to buy.

By the time I figure out the Denray's price in canadian cash it's more than the bike cost me to buy.
Denray is a Quebec company, and Quebec hasn't separated yet. The price listed in the link that I provided is in Canadian dollars.

There is also some info here on ST-Riders.net
I was going to chime in, but the link has pics of my slightly modified Classic Industries hitch. I added the "receiver" and brace to pull my home-built one wheeled trailer. It's worked great for several thousand miles, and I've even pulled my Mini-mate pop-up with it.

First thing to figure out ,would be what kind of trailer . Main purpose is to be able to not have to sleep on the ground.

I'd ❤️ love to get one of those, but Kaiser would have to ride on top of it.
Awkward.
It's already taller than the Bushtec.

First thing to figure out ,would be what kind of trailer . Main purpose is to be able to not have to sleep on the ground.

As not in a tent or a cot in tent is ok?

I have a Uni-Go and cold easily carry a large tent big enough to easily fit a cot.

Buy a trailer kit from Harbor Freight/Princes Auto and put this Thule package on it. About 70km from you (in US).

Yes, I enjoy spending other people's money!

Last edited:
As not in a tent or a cot in tent is ok?
Yes, what are your in-tent-ions?
tent3.gif

Thanks for the pictures and link Sirepair, thats more likely would work for me. I had a cot that had its own tent ,perfect answer ,till the bottom ripped apart. Only problem was to wide to strap it to the bikes I had at that time. Hince why I'm looking at trailers.I guess first thing would be replace the tent/cot so I can get the right size Job box. Awesome work on your trailer.

Back
Top Bottom