Helmets Scorpion EXO-700 Motorcycle Helmet

OK, I was able to get a Scorpion EX700 Fury brand new on eBay for $110. It will ship out this Tuesday. I have a one year old RF-1000 but it is black (read hot in the sun) and fogs up badly during my cold morning commutes.

I figure at that price, you can't go wrong based on the reviews in MCN, Motorcyclist, and others. I'll post up when it comes in and I've had a chance to give it a good ride.

I just picked up a 400 model in Rapid City. It is one of the few helmets that fit my head shape like the Arai Quantum that I have now. I still have to figure out how to put in the headset speakers, but I really liked the features. I have to get a new tinted visor before I'll go too far with it. I went with the 400 because they had one and after reading the article in Motorcyclist.

Tom

Scorpion EX700 arrived today.

First impressions after a couple of rides:
  • Higher quality than I expected - liner, shell, and shield all very good.
  • Shield take off mechanism works well, but will require some practice.
  • Venting is superb. It was 85 today and I had no sweat whatsoever.
  • Weight is good - 3 ounces more than my RF-1000 - but doesn't feel like it.
  • Breath guard does the trick - no fogging at all despite high humidity
  • Removable liner is great - in and out in a snap.
  • Shield's grab lip is bigger than my Shoei - LOVE it.
  • Color scheme attracts less sun than my black Shoei and is more visible.

All in all, my first impressions are very positive. I may just buy another for my wife. And at $119 (inlcuding shipping), I probably will.

I saw these at a Honda shop here locally. I liked em, but they stopped one size too small.... :cus:

My melon is 23.5" and the XL fits perfect. I've read that these helmets are more suited to 'round' heads than 'oval' heads and I would have to agree - my head is round.

Just received the EXO-700, bought after reading this board.

The resitance to fogging is just as claimed. Remarkable. Just what I was after.

Couldn't keep my RF-1000 from fogging.

Thanks for the reports.

Ken said:
Scorpion EX700 arrived today.

First impressions after a couple of rides:
  • Higher quality than I expected - liner, shell, and shield all very good.
  • Shield take off mechanism works well, but will require some practice.
  • Venting is superb. It was 85 today and I had no sweat whatsoever.
  • Weight is good - 3 ounces more than my RF-1000 - but doesn't feel like it.
  • Breath guard does the trick - no fogging at all despite high humidity
  • Removable liner is great - in and out in a snap.
  • Shield's grab lip is bigger than my Shoei - LOVE it.
  • Color scheme attracts less sun than my black Shoei and is more visible.

All in all, my first impressions are very positive. I may just buy another for my wife. And at $119 (inlcuding shipping), I probably will.

Last edited:
If it starts to rain, make sure and close your top vents! It vents so well, it sucks water in :eek: Still a great helmet!!! ;)

Glad you benefited from these reports, MidLife.

As a follow-up to this post, I had a small problem with this helmet when it was about 8 weeks old. One of the top vents starting making a rattling noise when open and while traveling at highway speeds. I sent an email to Scorpion inquiring about the problem and promptly received a reply from Kim at Scorpion asking for some additional detail. Within 24 hours I had an RMA, and one week later had a new helmet. Just wanted to mention that their customer service was superb when I needed it.

I bought my EXO-700 early in the summer and LOVE it. VERY comfortable on my head. Quality is good, sound level is good. I'll probably buy another one just to have a spare in case I do something stupid with my current one. I think this helmet is right up there with Shoei and Arie without all the extra $$$.

Ordered an EXO-700 (light silver) yesterday. Will probably be March before the weather will permit a road test. Ordered an XXL which is a size larger than what I wear in a Shoei (XL).

My Experiences witn the EXO-700

I bought the helmet because of the reviews concerning the great air flow and anti-fogging. I previously was using a Shoei Tomahawk. I bought the bottom shield option as well. Here are my thoughts.

1) Substantially louder than my Shoei.

2) Air flow is fantastic. I can't wait to try it in the Phoenix 115 degree summers.

3) Anti-fogging is fantastic, but I did have to remove the breath guard. Made my glasses fog up.

The helmet is louder, I'm a little worried about that, but barring the hearing loss I may encounter, the anti-fogging and airflow plus the fact that it is a Kelvar helmet make it a good choice.

Had the exo-700 for a few months now. I like the fit and the quality. But it seems noisy for me. I can't ride w/o earplugs. The visor removal reminds me of my old paintball mask and that is a definate plus. I would recomend this for an entry level helmet but will be upgrading to a quieter helmet next time.

Go BLUE!!!:04biker: :04biker:

I broke down and ordred a Aero Skirt for my EX-700... this little $5.99 piece of plastic has cut down on my wind noise :D If you don't have it, and your unhappy about the wind noise level of you Scorpion, you might give this a shot. You still get noise from the vents, but it cuts out the wind noise from below ;)

You might be able to find it cheaper... but here is a link :)

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=18786&department=601&Division=6

Back
Top Bottom