Sargent seat care?

Computer Nerd

full frontal nerdity
Hi guys,

I have never got a real answer on caring for the sargent seat.

Does it need any kind of special cleaner?

Will the honda cleaner be okay for it?

Thanks for any advice...

All I do is wipe it down from time to time with a mix of rubbing alcohol and water wiped off with micro-fiber towel. It actually stays pretty clean without a lot of effort. Be careful which cleaner you use on it or you could find you're sliding all over. I got some Plexus over spray on it and just wiped it off. Later I noticed I was sliding really easy and it took a while for me to figure it out. It cleaned right off with the mixture mentioned about and no more sliding problems.

The best thing for leather is saddle soap that the horse people use. It is a water soluble material (looks like paste wax, but isn't a wax) that you put some on a damp sponge and rub in. Rinse your sponge when it looks soiled, and it will clean and treat the leather at the same time. It keeps leather from drying out and you only need to do this to your seat a couple of times a year. You will have clean natural leather. A can will last you forever and you get it at horse saddlery or tack shops.

Thanks guys.

The Sargent is some kind of vynil. So I was just wondering.

The only reason I was worried is there is stiching in it, and I didn't want the vynil along that stiching getting cracked.

Saddle soap will still fix you up and treat your threads. For my other plastic and vinyl, I use Protectant 303 available at bike and powersports shops. This is not waxy, does not put on extra gloss and doesn't contain silicone (therefore it's one of the only things you can use on motorcycle tires safely). I believe it says you can use it on your windshield too, but I use Plexus for that.
BUT, vinyl is plastic and doesn't really drink up protectants like leather. The worst enemy of plastic is UV rays. Best park in the shade. So what vinyl really wants is protective coating, but lots of them are waxy and unfortunately, slippery.

Back
Top Bottom