Rt 66 maps for google maps?

Just saw a documentary about this on Amazon. Has me thinking about the section from Texas to Santa Monica.
Sorry no map here Michael, I’m sure someone has this as a GPX though.

Just saw a documentary about this on Amazon. Has me thinking about the section from Texas to Santa Monica.
Sorry no map here Michael, I’m sure someone has this as a GPX though.
I just discovered Butler has a rt66 map. $25.00! I'm feeling foolish! I want to begin in Chicago and head west.

Several good eateries in Oklahoma on the Mother Road.

Could be an opportunity for a meet-up/RTE...

Oklahoma members, anyone else interested?

Yea, shipping is $8.00, but im ordering tires next week. If i remember correctly, revzilla is free shipping orders if over $50.00 or something. I’ll b giving them a call later in the week.
I suggest you check out Dennis Kirk for tires, I find their prices are better than RevZilla and I believe they have a low price guarantee.

I saw that! I suppose I could just leave that map on, on my phone, but there should b a way to load that into my garmin or google maps.

There are plenty of sites to see along RT66. No map will put you right on the first RT66 all the time. I've rode places in OK that were "rt66" and you could see the old road right off the newer old road all of it right next to I-40. I'd guess I've rode 75% or more over the years. Enjoy the ride.

NM. tips:

Lot's of internet site will brag up staying at the Blue Swallow "historic" motel in Tucumcari NM. I've stayed there and I'll tell you to go to the Motel Safari on RT66 right across the street.

Be sure to see the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa NM. just off RT66 if you've never been there (take your swim suit).

AZ tip:
And this address is a mile or less off the "route" but a good go see. Be sure to add it in.

Jim Gray's Petrified Wood 147 US-180, Holbrook, AZ 86025

There are plenty of sites to see along RT66. No map will put you right on the first RT66 all the time. I've rode places in OK that were "rt66" and you could see the old road right off the newer old road all of it right next to I-40. I'd guess I've rode 75% or more over the years. Enjoy the ride.

NM. tips:

Lot's of internet site will brag up staying at the Blue Swallow "historic" motel in Tucumcari NM. I've stayed there and I'll tell you to go to the Motel Safari on RT66 right across the street.

Be sure to see the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa NM. just off RT66 if you've never been there (take your swim suit).

AZ tip:
And this address is a mile or less off the "route" but a good go see. Be sure to add it in.

Jim Gray's Petrified Wood 147 US-180, Holbrook, AZ 86025
Thank you!

I suggest you check out Dennis Kirk for tires, I find their prices are better than RevZilla and I believe they have a low price guarantee.
Great tip, $55 cheaper than Amazon for a set of Shinko Verge. Thanks!

Mike -

Near the beginning of your trip, in Bloomington/Normal, IL there are some interesting looking RT66 spots:
I’m planning on visiting those sites on the way to MNSTOC in a couple weeks.

Also in Normal, is Portillos Hotdogs - with an Italian Beef sandwich to die for (make sure to get it with sweet peppers).

Looking at rt 66 from chicago to california and wonder if anyone has map suggestions? Would love to get it on google maps! I’m planning on a departure in three weeks
Many thanks in advance!
There is a YouTube channel called "Keep Your Daydreams" They have a series of their travels, albeit in an RV where they travel the whole length of Route 66 with some interesting side trips. Type in, KYD Route 66 series

Back
Top Bottom