Removed the baffles on the 'tunes

caught up with s friend who has removed the baffle from his after market staintune slip on and suggested I should do the same on the ST.

Took them out and really like the deeper rumble at idle but did not notice any discernable difference to noise levels at highway speeds. Although I never ride without fitted ear plugs so that may not be surprising.

can anyone tell me the effect removing these baffles may have on the exhaust and engine?

i have the K&N filter and Tom's 61psi regulator...

my friend claims i should have it dyno'd????

i told him i would consult with the best reference material available...stowners.com of course!

cheers Angus

There is a guy on here that has the same setup as you exactly and had it Dyno'd and it was perfect air/fuel ratio. You are good to go. I have the same setup going into my ST, soon as my Staintunes come in. I wouldnt have done it unless it was proven to be properly tuned.

Rest easy my friend, I the same way..

Another question, Are you getting any decel pop. That would be a good indication that is running lean if you are.. That's as per Turbo City Tech guy. those were some of the questions I had asked them before I started this hole upgrade project.

Hope this helps!

Rick - i am not - but i have not ridden the bike far and have not run it for protracted periods since removing the baffles - i have had the tunes, k&n and 61psi reg for around 4,000kms now and bike is wonderful - my question was really more about the effect that removing the bafffles may have...

Back
Top Bottom