Pilot Roads just installed.

10k on oem stones. Wanted to try another brand and bought PR at Cal Spt Touring-4-days and it was in. For those of us who have not removed wheels yet--checked all ava info on this site:bow1: and the owners manual. Actually, the few extra tips in your posts cleared up all questions. I wanted to take off both wheels at the same time. With rear removed-easy-I placed an adjustable jack under the left side swing arm (wooden block on top to prevent any scratches). Removed rt lower (blk) fairing and exposed a flat section of motor, just in front of the ribbed case. Used a bottle jack-with a small metal strip btwn jack and motor to prevent scratch. Jacked up the front and didn't have to remove the ft fender. With both wheels off and this method--bike was stable and no chance of falling over. Remounted ft first-removed bottle jack and then rear. NO problems. Going out today to scrub them in. :) :) . Just driving around the block notice difference in turning--nice feel, with front RP having a more rounded shape than the stones. Yes, I remembered to "adjust ft suspension".

RIDE-REFUEL-RIDE---REPEAT AS NECESSARY!

tccox said:
Fixing to do the rear wheel tomorrow (Just doing one at a time. I'm a coward) Rear seems pretty easy but you gat any tipa or things to look out for. I was going to use following as a guide

http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/ST1300_a.html#Tires
Rear was easy. After removing the wheel-easy tap with socket extension to the axle- left to rt-and removing the stopper bolt for the caliper-tie up the caliper to the rear most hole for muffler bolt w/cable tie. Oh, I found it better to remove both muffler bolts (2) on each side-loosen the 2 bolts where the pipes slip into the fitting -going under the bottom of frame and swinging the mufflers down and out of the way. Now you have room to pull out the axle bolt and room to work on putting the caliper back after. Cleaned the splines and re-coated with Honda moly paste. If you're just going to take off the back wheel you don't have to raise up the ft wheel as i did. Take you time and it's really straight forward. Phil Oh, just a tad of gear greese on the shaft of the axle makes insertion easy.

im completely confused fairing removal? jack on the swing arm? adjust front suspension < i think thats what you meant> Am i missing something i don;t understand why you did all this.

nybryan said:
im completely confused fairing removal? jack on the swing arm? adjust front suspension < i think thats what you meant> Am i missing something i don;t understand why you did all this.
1-removed right-black lower section-to expose flat area of motor to place jack--so that i could remove the front wheel
2-with the front wheel removed , and the bike now balanced on the center stand and front jack-the bike could tip backwards--therefore jack under swing arm.
3-After you replace the front wheel, manual says to "adjust" the front suspension. Others have found that skipping this could cause slight misalignment causing premature tire wear not to mention the bike not tracking straight.
This was all done to put new rubber on myself and save about $150 and not have the dealer screw something up on my STeed.
Any mo Questions?:spank1:

Back
Top Bottom