Has anyone traveled from Riverside, California to Fairbanks in July

The roads will be crowded by the RV crowds headed to Fairbanks. Watch out for the blue hairs. 10 to 20% of the vehicles going north will be RV's.

Otherwise, the roads are as best as can be unless you like to drive on packed snow. I've been told the packed snow is the smoothest road.

I've rode up there twice and they do construction in the summer months but that's the only time they can.

I was planning to join Uncle Phil on that trip. I cancelled. And after reading that thread, I'm glad I did. :D :rofl1:

Chris

How many miles of dirt and do you have pictures?
Click on the link ... ;)
I would really be surprised if the Yukon DOT has the ALCAN 'fixed' by now since they took it all the way down to the mud.
Folks on GS adventure bikes were having trouble and I was on a ST1100.
As you will read, even a semi trucker who was behind me was struggling to keep his rig out of the ditches.

I have a crazy lady facebook friend with a VFR800 who rode all over Canada and Alaska from Kansas this summer; she wiped out and broke her leg on the Dalton Highway which looked just like UP's description, mud, slush and deep ruts.

I have a crazy lady facebook friend with a VFR800 who rode all over Canada and Alaska from Kansas this summer; she wiped out and broke her leg on the Dalton Highway which looked just like UP's description, mud, slush and deep ruts.
Yeah, I got a couple of busted ribs for my efforts coming down from Dawson City in that construction (not on the ALCAN but a similar mess) ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom