Drop #8 Need Mirror Housing in Colorado

Sidney, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Bike
1994 st1100 ABS
STOC #
image.jpgI'm traveling from Vancouver Island to Colorado then east and north to Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakota's and possibly Minnesota.

Drop #8 just happened in the campground in Riverside Wyoming. This one really serves me right. I like to put my bike on the centre stand because it makes it a little nicer packing the bike in the morning and digging around in my top box. The gravel seemed pretty hard so up on the stand it went. The great thing about this campground is that there is a bar and grill right across the highway. I'm over there for a bite to eat and one beer. Then the clouds roll in and it starts raining cats and dogs. It really comes down. Ok, so it looks like 2 beers or maybe 3 until the rain stops and I can go over and if my tent is habitable for the night. I'm enjoying my second beer and the atmosphere in the cozy little bar when the owner of the campground comes running over to tell me my bike fell over. Ugh...I completely forgot about my bike and thinking earlier that I better put it on the side stand with a plate if it rains.

The glass broke but I can still see through some of it and I have a pattern for new glass in my kit so that's not too bad. The already glued together housing from my last drop broke into 4 pieces. I Gorilla taped it together and I think it may hold. (Fingers crossed)

If anybody in Colorado or this vicinity of the US has a right hand mirror assembly they wish to sell I would be happy to take it off your hands.

My replies maybe a little delayed. I'm posting this from my iPhone when I find wifi hotspots.

Life is great, traveling the US dropping my ST...I love it...and the tent's dry!

Wow that must have been some rain storm. Sorry about the bike, I hope you had a dry tent for the night.

traveling the US dropping my ST

You do know the site doesn't give awards for drop milestones like they do for mileage right? I don't ride it the rain if I can avoid it but this is something to file away in case I get caught with my slicker down.

[QUOTE;1782773]Ooops..Gotta hurt! At least the cover was on and held all the pieces...[/QUOTE]
That's funny and true. After picking the bike up it took me a minute to realize the mirror was broken. All the pieces were inside the cover and it wasn't until one fell out that I realized it was broken.

Back
Top Bottom