Cleaview II or Clearview III + Laminar Lip - ID Please..

I was almost sure that my ST1100 has a Generation III Clearview on it. My new Lip is here and when I hold it up there - it just doesn't seem right. Before I take it from the package I want to get a 2nd or 3rd opinion. Here is a picture.
IMGP0036.JPG

Here are some more pictures -
http://motorcyclememories.com/clearview/clearview.htm

I want my Lip but I'm not going to take it out of the package until I am certain it is the right one.

So what is the verdict - do I have a II or III?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Dale

Looks like a III to me. That deep curve effectively widens the shield, a sign of Clearview's III.

But maybe check with them. If you add the Laminar Lip, share any results!

Styles

You have a Clearview III, just like mine. I use a stock ST1100 Lip with my Clearview III medium. Best combination I've tried, and that's a LOT of them!

Okay - so I guess I have the right Lip. I wish there was a template in the Lip bag for where to locate velcro. Anybody got a picture of a how it is suppose to look on the III?
I have to tell you - I have had several great bikes but I love this ST. Just a'little tweaking here and there and I am good to go.
TKS for the help.
Dale

Would like to clarify which lip to look for. CarSalesman you say you use the lip for the stock screen? Laminar's site seems to indicate that I should get one from the California Sport Touring(?) site for my Clearview screen. Motomem, which lip did you order and from whom?
I am very interested in hearing from you both regarding your success with this combo. I am 6' but only 32" inseam. I have a Clearview GT small on the '92 I just bought and get some annoying buffet I would like to eliminate. How/where do you mount that lip?
Also, CarSalesman, what comments might your SO have to make pertaining to this screen combo? Thanks!!

Last edited:
Skipper - I had to order from CST - for the Clearview III. I didn't see it listed on their site so I called them. I'll let you know how I like it once I get it in place. It may be a few days. I'm still hoping to see pictures of others installed. There doesn't appear to be an obvious right spot to mount it.

I already had my Lip, before buying the Clearview. It works fine, although it isn't quite the full width of the Clearview. No big deal.

I wasn't aware that there now is a Lip specifically for the ST1100 Clearview.

The combo has pretty much eliminated the head bobbing turbulence in the back. If we're running around locally, I move the Lip lower, flush with the windshield. If we're running on a trip at interstate speeds, I put it 2" above he windshield.

Believe it or not, the other thing that really helped is www.rumble-strips.com. I figured it was a joke, but we actually saw an improvement. Be sure you put the "-" in the web address, or you'll get a very different web site that you won't want to do business with.

Back
Top Bottom