2023 Versys 650 LT

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
I brought most of my new bike home today. The handguards and luggage are being shipped separately and should arrive next week. It's good to be back on two wheels and I am grateful for the opportunity. However, I can't' help but feel a little guilty as the only reason I'm able to do this is because my son and father are no longer with us. I know those scars will heal with time and riding will be great therapy.

I took about a 40-mile ride to get home. The bike felt familiar since I owned a 2016 Versys 650 and little has changed. I'm a little rusty in the curves as riding them is a perishable skill but I'm confident I will get better. The roads were a little wet and the tires new.

I ordered a Sargent seat and Puig windscreen before I picked up the bike. Hopefully, they will arrive soon. Most of all, I'm looking forward to riding to motorcycle events instead of driving and I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to do so.

IMG_2202-XL.jpg

IMG_2201-XL.jpg

Hope to see you down the road soon........on TWO wheels.
Mike

That's a nice looking set of wheels you got there Doctor. It will be nice chasing you around the curves once again. I hope this little tiny baby 650 bike slows you down enough that I can stay within sight of you. I doubt it.

Nashcat's lunch RTE is right around the corner in date and distance. I'll be camping there Friday night.

I brought most of my new bike home today
One of the most intriguing opening lines of any post I can remember.

You have definitely raised the bar around here, Dr. Bug (my play on words).

Congrats on the new ride, and many happy miles. Your post reminds me of Neal Peart's book. Reminding me, I still have that on my reading list.

Being safety conscious as I am, I'm glad that you recognize your diminished riding skills due to your time off the bike.

Ride well, and keep improving.

Congrats on the new ride, and sorry for your losses.

Riding is the best therapy for me, especially as I age, and gives me something to look forward to every day. I hope it works out for you that way, as well.

One of the most intriguing opening lines of any post I can remember.

You have definitely raised the bar around here, Dr. Bug (my play on words).

Congrats on the new ride, and many happy miles. Your post reminds me of Neal Peart's book. Reminding me, I still have that on my reading list.

Being safety conscious as I am, I'm glad that you recognize your diminished riding skills due to your time off the bike.

Ride well, and keep improving.
I am not a one hundred percent Ghost Rider as I still have my wife. I'd be lying if I said that thought hadn't crossed my mind. I've read many of Neil's books. RIP
Mike

That's a nice looking set of wheels you got there Doctor. It will be nice chasing you around the curves once again. I hope this little tiny baby 650 bike slows you down enough that I can stay within sight of you. I doubt it.

Nashcat's lunch RTE is right around the corner in date and distance. I'll be camping there Friday night.
I don't think I've ever ran off and left you. Thinking about John's RTC/RTE. Not sure I can get all of my ducks in a row for that one.
Mike

Left the house at 0600 for a spirited 170 mile ride of twisties. I remember why I liked this bike previously. It's not an RS but for less than half of the price I think it will do for now. The chicken strips are history! Things felt more normal today.
Mike

Back
Top Bottom