Where did you ride today?

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Went to my appointment with the DOT to register all my vehicles and pick up the custom plate for the trailer. The forecast called for no rain until after 2 pm. My appointment was 10:45 so I figured plenty of time to get there and back before getting wet. Yeah, right. 23 mile round trip straight there and back a not so straight route but I made it over 36 miles anyway. I left a little early so I could go the long way on the way there. Good thing I did. Appointments are strictly enforced time-wise so getting there early is no help. Getting there late cancels the time requiring setting up a new appointment for another time. I got there on time but the air felt just a bit damp as I walked into the courthouse. It took them 25 minutes to get the registration right. Had to fix the registration for the trailer plate since they printed the slip for THIS year rather than NEXT year as they should have. Got that all straightened out and found it was a light drizzle as I walked back to the bike. I had taken the trailer just to test out the balance of the wheel on it after putting 1 oz of balance beads in there. The trailer ran great as did the new tire on the bike. The drizzle turned to rain for most of the ride back. Fortunately I was headed out of it going home but I never outran it completely. Now I'm waiting for the license plate frame to arrive this afternoon. I ordered the same one that is on the AK. Pictures later.

Top Bottom