Wanted paper owners manual, not digital

Of course, all in good spirits. Note that this is an ST forum, not an ST1300 forum.

You can see why we weren't sure which bike you were asking about a manual for.

Not criticism. I have a shop manual for every bike I have, and take one on trips.

A shop/service manual is much better than an original owner's "pamphlet" is.

I also take along the 2" thick shop service manual on trips. Literally one complete saddlebag is full of tire plugs and pump, expanded toolkit, manual, tarp, spares, bulbs, brake pads, fuses, jumper cables, and a gallon of gas. Yes, I used to be a Boy Scout!

I just want to pull up under the shade of a big tree and be able to whip out my bikes manual and not have to rely on digital phone versions.
You do know that the HSM is 8 1/2 x 11" and between 1 3/4 and 2" thick, don't you? I have a 1300/A, 2009 Owner's Manual in a black vinyl pouch along with a Hond "You & your Motorcycle Riding Tips booklet that I paid $20 for. Both are in very good condition (maybe even excellent). The Owner's manual is NOT the Honda Service Manual. Both yours for $20+ shipping (either book rate if you are not in a hurry or priority mail - your choice.

There is not much that will go wrong with these bikes that would require the HSM if you are on a trip, and truth be told, there is more info in our Articles (blue band atop this page) on how to fix stuff that goes wrong than in the manual. A smart phone or even tablet would likely be more helpful along with your sign in name and password for this website. Print out the RAN list - rider assistance network (Riding>RAN List>US) and keep that on your bike (along with a spare key and say, a $50 dollar bill).

On the other hand, if you are prepared, nothing will go wrong.:rofl1:

Get your finger print free copy here.

Crisis averted!!! thanks everyone, for your concern, offers and suggestions. I was cleaning up the shop last night and found it! You guys really are the BEST owners group in the world. Cheers!

For future reference it's also possible to display the year and model of your bike of choice in the avatar section.

Back
Top Bottom