Dyna beads vs Counteract balancing beads

Bike
2007 ST1300
I was looking at balancing beads online and came across the Counteract beads. Tempered glass beads with teflon coating vs ceramic beads. They claim that the beads build up a static charge and stay in place when you stop, so they don't have to re establish balance when you speed back up to 30.( they will after sitting for longer period of time) I was wondering if anyone has any experience with either one or both brands.

http://www.tirebalancingbeads.com/motorcycle-tire-wheel-balancing-kits/

I've used dyna beads on the last six or so sets of tires on the ST as well as many others. It seems I get more miles out of the tires and they wear more evenly. Many people dont believe they work but for me I wouldnt go back to wheel weights.

Not tried them yet, but I have some Dynabeads to try on my next tyre change, basically because I can't be bothered to balance them with weights.

I know Dynabeads work great.
I'm curious about the Counteract Balancing Beads as well - it's time for me to replenish my supply.
I've actually heard of people using airsoft pellets, but I'll stick to balancing beads.

sorry for the stupid question as i've never used either one...but when you change tires do you buy new beads or do you just dump the old beads into the new tire?

I have used Dyna Beads in my tires for some time and change my own tires. When you take a tire off, the beads will be stuck all over the inside of the tire because of static cling. There will also be a blob of them rolling around in the low spot. If the selling point of the balancing beads is the static cling, I don't think that is different from Dyna Beads.

Interestingly enough, I have read many discussions about whether the static cling stops the beads from working. However, my experience is that the centrifugal force of the rolling tire has no trouble overcoming the cling.

I have reused my beads, but only once or twice because you do lose some every time. My first bike was a KLR650 with inner tubes, so I had to cut open the old tube and shake the beads out into a bucket. Then, they had to be reinstalled through the valve stem in the new tube. Now, on my NT, it is so easy. Scoop the beads out of the old tire and dump them into the new tire before airing it up.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. It's interesting that the dynabeads have static cling too. I had the impression it was a selling point for the Counteract beads. I agree that the rotation would easily overcome the cling and reposition the beads as needed. Any Counteract users out there?

I have used Dyna Beads in my tires for some time and change my own tires. When you take a tire off, the beads will be stuck all over the inside of the tire because of static cling. There will also be a blob of them rolling around in the low spot. If the selling point of the balancing beads is the static cling, I don't think that is different from Dyna Beads.

Interestingly enough, I have read many discussions about whether the static cling stops the beads from working. However, my experience is that the centrifugal force of the rolling tire has no trouble overcoming the cling.

I have reused my beads, but only once or twice because you do lose some every time. My first bike was a KLR650 with inner tubes, so I had to cut open the old tube and shake the beads out into a bucket. Then, they had to be reinstalled through the valve stem in the new tube. Now, on my NT, it is so easy. Scoop the beads out of the old tire and dump them into the new tire before airing it up.

That is good to know. I do tire changes for some guys around here and a couple of them have gone with Dynabeads recently. Now I have yet to go back and do a tire change again on them but was wondering what I would find when I did the change. I kind of thought I would have beads falling out all over when I pulled the tire. If they kind of stick then it shouldn't make too much of a mess.

I did my first rear tyre change on my bike with the DynaBeads..... unseated one bead and took it off one side of the rim and after cleaning out my Dyson vacuum cleaner bin I sucked those little beggars out..... emptied the bin into a plastic ice cream carton, then blew across the top of it to remove the odd bit of dirt or stuff I had managed to get in there!

So, loaded into the little bottle and through the valve stem and now, second rear tyre running with almost all the original beads in..... and boy are they making a difference to the overall life and wear pattern!!!

I shall not be going back to stick on weights and balance stand.... DynaBeads for my bike tyres!

makes me think all I really need is a touchless tire changer for the cars and bikes...can balance both with these!! hhmmm.....:think1:

I did my first rear tyre change on my bike with the DynaBeads..... unseated one bead and took it off one side of the rim and after cleaning out my Dyson vacuum cleaner bin I sucked those little beggars out..... emptied the bin into a plastic ice cream carton, then blew across the top of it to remove the odd bit of dirt or stuff I had managed to get in there!

So, loaded into the little bottle and through the valve stem and now, second rear tyre running with almost all the original beads in..... and boy are they making a difference to the overall life and wear pattern!!!

When doing a complete tire change cant you just pour them into the new tire before seating the bead? Or do they have to go in through the valve stem?

When doing a complete tire change cant you just pour them into the new tire before seating the bead? Or do they have to go in through the valve stem?

I use the Dyna beads in my tires and after mounting and seating the tire I break one side of the tire bead and place the beads inside the tire, works great for me.

As I spoon my tyres on I need to move the wheel around a bit.... so I use the valve stem route.... if I had a machine type tyre fitting unit which held the wheel I would pour them in after setting one bead..

This may be a dumb question. Can you let the air out of a recently mounted tire and add Dyna beads via the valve stem without taking the wheel of the bike?

As I spoon my tyres on I need to move the wheel around a bit.... so I use the valve stem route.... if I had a machine type tyre fitting unit which held the wheel I would pour them in after setting one bead..

That makes sense now that I realize you werent using a tire changer. I was thinking in the context of using a tire changer. However, after thinking through it some more it may be just as simple to use the valve stem even with a tire changer. Me and a buddy went in on a NoMar so I have access to a changer. Not having used Dynabeads before I dont know if any of the beads would blow out while setting the bead on the tire. If the bead is set without the valve core in place then the beads could be added afterwards after the tire deflated. Then reinstall the valve core and inflate to the proper pressure.

Well I have seen the bits of rubber mixed in with the dyna beads when changing tires. May give them a try thanks for the explanation on how they work I will view the video at home can't see it at work.

Back
Top Bottom