Mystery Part

I've had my 1300 apart for way too long. I'm finally getting it back together. I found this on the floor and have no idea what it is for or if it is even for the bike.

Attachments

• 20240518_133752.jpg
    20240518_133752.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 20240518_133746.jpg
    20240518_133746.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 97
Weird. Is it solid or a tube? It looks like aluminum. It may not be from the bike at all.

We had a similar recent thread where I believe we decided it wasn't from the bike.

The only things that I have seen vaguely like that are the stiff wires that keep the cables and brake lines in place. But they would have loops to bolt them in place.

That right angle bend looks significant. It isn't slightly sprung is it ?

No. I was wondering it would bend slightly and spring back. As if it was a clip of some sort. It reminded me of a couple of things I couldn't put my finger on.

But they havevjustbpopped into my head. One was the fold out Rail from under the seat of an 1100. Which it isn't . The other was the linkage rail between the catches inside the loching mechanism of the panniers. I just found my photos. It isn't that either.

Short answer . I haven't got a clue !

No. I was wondering it would bend slightly and spring back. As if it was a clip of some sort. It reminded me of a couple of things I couldn't put my finger on.

But they havevjustbpopped into my head. One was the fold out Rail from under the seat of an 1100. Which it isn't . The other was the linkage rail between the catches inside the loching mechanism of the panniers. I just found my photos. It isn't that either.

Short answer . I haven't got a clue !
Well, we are clueless together.

It looks like a brake pad spring clip from an automobile. Some car brake pads use similar spring clips to hold tension on the brake pads. These clips come in many different shapes and sizes depending on the application, some are simple like this one and some are very elaborate.

Last edited:
It is a wellington bracket that holds the drammerton bearing in place against the spratly valve, It is required to control the emissions of the hylicarbons. Without it the emissions can cause confused nermies to interfere with the axis of the ballyboes, which when off center can cause a undetectable vibration
an undetectable vibration. Otherwise you hit the nail on the head.

It is a wellington bracket that holds the drammerton bearing in place against the spratly valve, It is required to control the emissions of the hylicarbons. Without it the emissions can cause confused nermies to interfere with the axis of the ballyboes, which when off center can cause a undetectable vibration

Thanks for clearing up the confusion over this. I guess you work in government somewhere, so you are an expert.

Back
Top Bottom