Help a Simple Boy Out

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
My wife has to go to a seminar for work. The company is putting her up in a nice hotel. I'm going with her. My rub here is that all they have is valet parking. :mad: I'm not happy with this as I don't want anyone driving our car, I'm perfectly capable, and I can walk too. :confused: In my 6+ decades on earth I have never used a valet anything.

How do I tip the valet parking?
When they park it?
Bring it back?
Both?
How much?

If they scratch or ding it I'm going to be fit to be tied.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I tip when the car is retrieved. Sometimes we have to use valet parking at Mayo.

I tip when the car is retrieved. Sometimes we have to use valet parking at Mayo.

Thanks Dave, now I have something else to worry about. Gotta go there on the 17th. Was going to call you and see if you and Brenda want to get a late lunch or early dinner. Appointment is at noon.

Take your bike.

I'd feel much more comfortable watching some kid ride off on the 800 pound bike.:D

Rent a car.

I have and am considering this.

Thanks Dave, now I have something else to worry about. Gotta go there on the 17th. Was going to call you and see if you and Brenda want to get a late lunch or early dinner. Appointment is at noon.

I'd feel much more comfortable watching some kid ride off on the 800 pound bike.:D

I have and am considering this.
The Mayo thing..... I'll call you.

You don't have to use valet parking. There is usually a way around this...but you might have to do some walking.

Internet says $2 to $5 every time they retrieve your car, with the latter being more or less standard. For some plush venues, the tip might be $10. If the kid looks like Richard Edson (the garage attendant in Ferris Bueller's Day Off), start worrying....:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom